Perilous Waters - Sandra Orchard

UNDER SUSPICION

For FBI agent Sam Steele, there’s no room for error or emotions on his latest undercover assignment. Getting close to gallery owner Jennifer Robbins while on an Alaskan cruise is the only way to catch her dealing stolen art. Out on the icy seas, Jen suddenly goes from suspect to victim when she’s targeted by a deadly enemy. And Sam’s mission goes from investigating an art crime to protecting the woman who’s begun to melt his heart. As danger looms closer, he’ll do anything to save her life—even if it costs him his own. (from Goodreads)

To be honest, this book was a bit boring. The “suspense” parts matched up to incidents that happen in Nancy Drew (i.e. not very intense or nerve-racking as they could or should be).

I struggled to connect with the characters, as well. Jen was all over the place, you couldn’t really pin down what her personality was supposed to be and Sam was whatever the scene need him to be. Cass and Jake were good side characters, but I still struggled with both of them.

The plot twist at the end surprised me and it’s honestly hard to surprise me, so the book does get points for that.

This is definitely a situation of me and not the book. I do want to try more of Sandra Orchard’s books in the future. (Canadians represent!!)

Fave character: N/A