Remember - Gary Smalley, Karen Kingsbury

Convinced she could make it on her own, Ashley Baxter has kept the most important people in her life at a distance—her family, the man who loves her, and the God she is sure can never forgive her. Now, just as she begins to open her heart, the events of September 11 rip into Ashley’s world and she is led to heartbreaking and hope-filled decisions that will forever change her life. This story vividly illustrates that we must value others more than ourselves, and it drives home one of Gary Smalley’s key messages: Honor one another. (from Goodreads)

Series: book 2 in the Redemption series; book 2 in the Baxter family series.

Rating: 4 stars

This was a fascinating read. It isn't often that you read about either Alzheimer's or 9/11, but this book combined both subjects perfectly.

I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this. Christian contemporary fiction can be a hit or miss (usually miss because of the fluffiness), but this was a solid book. A+ to the authors.

The main couple of the book is Ashley and Landon, but you get points of view from Kari and Ryan, tying up the loose ends from the previous book, and you also get points of view from Luke, setting up the next book in the series. You also get points of view from from John, their father, which was a cool way of seeing things, from the parental persepective of the outside looking in, kind of thing.

Anyway, I enjoyed this book and cannot wait to continue the journey of the Baxter's, seeing how there is like 20 other books featuring them or something.