Shock Waves - Carolyn Keene, Franklin W. Dixon

Series: #3 in the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mysteries

Rating: 3 stars

Nancy Drew and her boyfriend, Ned, are among the guests invited to flourish Padre Island, on the Gulf Coast. Everyone's geared up for spring break, including Frank and Joe Hardy. The brother detectives happen to be staying at the home of wealthy friend Buck Calhoun. While scuba diving, Buck makes a play for Nancy, which Ned intercepts. But, the game begins when Buck finds a sunken wreck, and a dead body. Meanwhile, Padre Island's social set is raided buy a squad of resort sharks. The sophisticated crime group has ripped off a fortune in loot. But, they've never left a clue until they snatch a pair of melted keys belonging to Joe Hardy. The worthless keys have deep personal value for the youth sleuth. And, he vows to track them down no matter what the risk...in Shock Waves. This novel has twists and turns like a switch-back road that keeps one guessing. (from Goodreads)

First off, there were way too many characters. Bess and George could have easily stayed home and Claire and Kristin were absolutely pointless.

This wasn't a great Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. The others I've read have been much more intense and interesting. There were some weak spots and as I said earlier, it felt crowded. I personally could've done without Ned being there because I ship Frank and Nancy... #oops

The ending wasn't surprising. I didn't guess right, but it was more like "oh, okay" then "OH MY GOSH I NEVER SAW THAT COMING" if you know what I mean. I don't know, at the beginning it's set up like a murder mystery but throughout the book they're focusing on lost pirate treasure and thefts.

Plus there were a couple of mistakes from the cover to the book, like how on the cover Nancy is showing Frank what she found when in the book it's Joe who found it. And in the summary, Buck's last name is different then what it is in the book. All in all, not impressed and a bit disappointed.