Her Christmas Guardian (Mission: Rescue Book 2) - Shirlee McCoy

TO SAVE HER DAUGHTER

Former army ranger Boone Anderson immediately senses danger when he spots Scout Cramer and her precious little girl while holiday shopping. Then two cars suddenly give chase in the parking lot—kidnapping the child. His worst suspicions are confirmed, and professional instincts propel him into action. Having lost his own infant daughter years before, Boone is determined to reunite the beautiful single mother and her missing child. But when a secret from Scout’s past finally catches up to her, she must work with her self-appointed guardian to save her daughter. Before the kidnappers cancel Christmas for all of them…permanently.

Mission: Rescue—No job is too dangerous for these fearless heroes (from Goodreads)

Series: #2 in the Mission: Rescue series

Rating: 3 stars

First things first, BOONE IS PERFECTION. Okay, no, but seriously, I adore Boone. He is my favourite Love Inspired Suspense guy thus far. He’s sarcastic and loves food and God. What else do you need in a guy?

This was good for Love Inspired Suspense, I’ve read much worse. But to be honest, when the book is centered around a single mother whose child has been kidnapped, it’s hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that while in a blind panic trying to find her child, she has the mental capacity to fall in love? I don’t know, it’s never really sat well with me. Plus, in the same notion, the stakes are different so while it’s terrible (no child should have to go through that) it doesn’t live up to the suspense part of the name, because from what the readers are getting, nothing really suspenseful is happening. All that is happening to the child, but because we’re from the point of the parent(s), we don’t get that. We just get blind panic.

The fact that Scout (I love this name by the way) had a bad head injury and insisted on never following Boone’s orders, putting herself in danger countless times, kind of irked me. I get it, her daughter has been kidnapped and that’s terrible, no parent or child should have to go through that and the fact that they do sickens me, but she should’ve rested in the hospital and let HEART and the FBI do their jobs, because putting herself on death’s doorstep is not going to help Lucy.