Blind Date  - Melody Carlson

The girls of the Dating Games club are at it again, setting each other up on five blind dates for the upcoming masquerade ball. Trouble is, some of the girls are wondering if the others can be trusted to deliver on their promises. In fact, there's a very real danger that this dating treat could turn out to be nothing but a nasty trick.

Teens will be delighted to spend more time with Cassidy, Devon, Abby, Brynn, and Emma as they navigate the thrilling and awkward world of dating. As always, Melody Carlson subtly delivers great advice wrapped up tight in a package of fun and friendship. (from Goodreads)

Series: #2 in the Dating Games series

Rating: 2.5 stars

This was an overall okay book. I'm not going to lie, I struggle with Melody Carlson books. She's either way to safe or goes way too far. And this a bizarre mix. Safe in sexual content and language but there's a character who drinks heavily and that didn't really need to be in there in my opinion, just a bit of end of book drama. There's no real boundaries for her.

The book itself was okay, but I'm not sure that's it realistic that in a group of five guys, all of them or going to be perfect gentleman. At least one of them would act like a jerk, even if he's just rude. And also, having a date doesn't turn him into Cinderella.

Bryn needs to change her attitude before someone smacks her. I don't know why, but Bryn's attitude bugged me a heck of a lot more than Devon's, even if Devon was kind of worse. Maybe it's because Devon was raised by non-religious parents and now both ignore her, while Bryn was raised as a Christian and has parents and at least one sister who loves her. I don't know, I wanted to punch her lights out half the time. An example: "Well, if our dates turn out to be losers, it means our friends let us down."

Also, as obnoxious as Abby's dad sounds, he is so accurate when he's talking about the influence of Abby's friends. "Bad company corrupts good character" and all that.